Sunday, April 01, 2007

“Give a man a fish...

Our family's nexus to the world of fish continues with Vince. Despite still not having replaced the fish that we lost in the fire(s!), we felt it important to introduce Vince to the world under the Sea at the New England Aquarium.

Vince meets SpongeBob


Fish and creatures of the sea, strangely enough, have always had a special place in my life. I really liked to fish when I was a kid, I have always been an avid fish keeper, we eat sushi all the time, I used to have hermit crabs, Moira used to gobble down a salmon (but not too much) every week when she was preganant to make sure Vince had his oils, I could go on and on. I couldn't go on and on like this on chickens, or cows. Fish are really special.

Vince walking up the center aquarium.


And Turtles too (This is the same turtle that Moira used to visit when she went to the aquarium as a kid.)...

SHARK!!!


Vince really seemed to enjoy himself. He was a bit tired, so he was a bit subdued, but he was very fascinated with all the strange creatures that he was seeing.


I should mention the one exception: Sea Lions. Poor Vince saw one of the Sea lions coming towards him and bolted towards Atlantic avenue like a bat out of hell.
As parents, we decided that was a good reaction.

No comments:

Contributors