Friday, January 16, 2009

this week



We've done some decorating and mess making. A full apartment tour to come when all is picked up. Just above is the main room with our desks, toys, living and dining area. Everything fits just right, I'm calling it efficient.

It's been a beautiful sunny and warm week of playgrounds, picnics at the playgrounds and more playgrounds with new friends Maggie the Mom and Gabbie. Gabbie always says she's a mermaid, while Vince is anything from a baby gorilla to a "bad lion", a "bad dinosaur" or a fire truck. We've done a lot of walking and playing together. They have been showing us the best playgrounds, sharing their snacks and hints to navigating our new city and been great company. We spent 3 days with them this week - I can't believe they aren't sick of us.

Learning the ABCs. Vince really enjoys learning the letters and words that start with each. Watched Go Diego Go. Lots of puzzles on the kitchen floor. Some dance parties. We've checked out some day cares. Games with Dad on the computer and iPhone(iFart isn't so much a game as it is an annoying boy thing I guess he must learn). Got a flu shot and continue to give each other pretend shots and little O bandaids. And lots of fresh fruit from the farmers market.

Vince has been heard saying:

"do you need to be rescued?" meaning, quick make up a scenario like you are falling off a mountain or a T rex is coming to get you, so I can save you.

"what's the problem with you?" (I can only assume this comes from Mike or I saying, "what's your problem?")

"Just kidding." for example, in the morning, "mommy I want a vitamin", so I go get him a vitamin and then he says "just kidding" and won't eat the vitamin.

When I asked if I could carry his library books and dvds "No thanks, I have muscles".

"What did I just say?!" - he says it in the correct context and tone!

Actually everything he says at this point is a whopper, I'm just too worn out to think of more. Lots of love, MMV

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yam!!

Anonymous said...

Who could get sick of you?!

Anonymous said...

ps. Love seeing pix of the apt. When we skype, you can give me a virtual tour.

Contributors